Get The Compassion You Deserve And The Recovery You Need After An Accident
Unfortunately there are many things that people either do or fail to do that can cause injury. In New York personal injury cases two things need to be present: negligence and liability.
For over 20 years, Didi Hutt and the team at Hutt Law, P.C., have aggressively advocated for clients who have been seriously harmed by the negligence of others.
What Is Negligence?
Negligence is failing to take the care that someone would in a situation. So, if someone is texting and driving and causes an accident, that person is likely negligent. If a surgeon cuts off the wrong limb, that doctor is negligent. If those who are supposed to be caring for our elderly loved ones overmedicate them, leave them in bed for hours and hours day after day or physically hurt them, they are negligent.
How Is Negligence Proven?
Negligence needs to be established to bring a successful personal injury lawsuit. Why? Because you first need to prove that the other party is negligent to prove that they are then liable for the damages suffered. There are four basic steps to any personal injury lawsuit or settlement:
- Duty: Show that the other party had a duty to behave safely
- Breach of Duty: Show that the other party did not act safely
- Causation: Show that because the other party did not act safely you were harmed
- Damages: Show the harm you suffered
At Hutt Law, P.C., we have decades of experience helping our clients obtain maximum compensation after an accident or injury.
Types Of Personal Injury Cases We Take On
If you are ever injured by a person, company or product it is advised that you speak with a trusted personal injury attorney. At Hutt Law, P.C., we take on a wide variety of cases. Our typical cases involve:
- Auto accidents, train bus and other transportation accidents
- Accidents that happen on streets, sidewalks and parking areas
- Slip and falls and trip and falls that happen in stores, restaurants or other public areas
- Construction site accidents of all kinds
- Surgical, pharmaceutical and medical malpractice issues
- Products liability claims
We know that your world can be turned upside down after an accident. We are here to help you understand what to do after a car accident or when you discover nursing home abuse. As a former insurance defense attorney, Didi Hutt knows the tactics these companies use to attempt to avoid liability. She also understands how to circumvent this.
Need To Know More? Get A Free Consultation.
We understand that it can be hard to know whether or not you should pursue a personal injury claim. We offer a free consultation where you can ask all the questions you want to get the answers you need. There is no risk because you pay nothing out of pocket. We are paid only if your case is taken and a settlement or verdict is won for you. Call 212-323-7443 or send the firm an inquiry email.