If you have children, they’ve probably already tendered their holiday “wish lists” several times over — and you may have already started shopping.
Before any of those toys go under the tree, however, you may want to check that list against the list of the year’s most dangerous toys.
Consumer watchdogs announce the worst of the bunch for 2021
Every year, World Against Toys Causing Harm, Inc. tries to put the word out and warn parents about the most popular unsafe toys on the market. They look for toys that have the potential for suffocation, toys with small parts that can be easily swallowed by young children, toys that can cause burns and those that could leave a child with blunt-force trauma injuries.
What’s on the list of toys to avoid in 2021? Here are the top few:
- Radio Flyer Spin ‘N Saucer
- Perfectly Cute My Lil’ Baby Feed & Go Set
- Hape Learn to Play Drum
- Snake Eyes G.I. Joe Origins Ninja Strike Sickles
- Walmart My Life As Shopping Basket
- Hover-1 My First Hoverboard
- Rollers Light-Up Heel Skates
- Nerf Hyper Rush-40 Blaster
- Bright Starts Tummy Time Prop & Play
- Squeakee Minis Poppy the Bunny
While parents are routinely warned to watch out for counterfeit toys and “look-alikes” that mimic popular toys (but use cheaper materials and often have shoddy workmanship), many parents assume that branded toys are safe — but that’s not always so.